Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Time to Wake Up!

For starters, I have to make a correction to a previous post-(and I've already edited that particular post). Apparently I had a misunderstanding about one of the products I take. The GTA with porcine glandular stuff in it is actually to support my low thyroid function...not for the hypochlorhydria as I had thought he said. Duh. You'd have thought I'd have figured that one out on my own. I've heard of pig hormones being the source for thyroid help but I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Anyway, now that I know this, I feel comforted in the fact that my high TSH is being aided in some additional way aside from me taking my 100 mcg of levothyroxine daily.

At my appointment yesterday I told him how sleepy I had been. He said it was time to get my adrenals back under control. He added 2 things, but he was out of one product. The office will call me when it comes in so I can go pick it up. I think it is a capsule. The one I did get to bring home is another cream called AdrenaCalm. It is yellow and smells like B vitamins. (It is a distinct smell, and you'd recognize it if you ever took a B vitamin). What's in it? Well, if it looks like a duck... you guessed it. There are lots of B Vitamins, among MANY other herbs. I will be rubbing this on vascular areas 3 times a day. It's lovely that I'll be so lotioned up in the cooler dry weather when I usually have had dry skin... But there is a downside. When it's cold and my hands and feet are cold, it's not such a comfortable thing. It's almost the last thing I want to do. Who wants to take off their socks and expose their cold tootsies? (And then have to rub cool lotion on them to boot?) Now, if I had all sorts of extra time, I could warm some washcloths, or warm my hands...but I don't. Cooking 3 meals a day, homeschooling, nursing, and household chores are my time fillers. (Oh yeah, you got me...and Facebook- Curses!) Ok- I will be using the vitamin smell one on my lower body (behind the knees and such) so I don't have to smell like a vitamin all day long. Plus, I just looked at my white socks, and there is some yellow tint on them. Hopefully it's not going to stain my clothes- but now I'll plan to be extra careful. I'll continue to use the OxiCell Glutathione cream on my arms (inside the elbow area) because it's scent is fine.

I am almost sad to say I have one more day of the Clearvite left. I have grown to really like having this particular shake before I eat. It was easy to shake up, a yummy vanilla/blueberry flavor, and part of my routine for 20 days so far. They say 21 days makes a habit....so I suppose it's ok to feel a little sad it's going away for now. However...Hot diggity! I sense a dinner out on Friday!! Sushi? Chipotle? Popcorn? I may just wake up and have me some Trader Joe's Gluten Free Ginger Snaps with butter and a pot of coffee for breakfast. Yeah, I know. It's no IHOP, but it's yummy to me.
Interestingly, he stated because of the likelihood of my TH1 dominance, I may feel better with my coffee again. (We will soon do a challenge to see which TH pathway is dominant in my body.)

Aside from never being able to have gluten again, I still won't be able to have dairy yet at this point either. Unfortunately that means no pizza. (Can you see me frown and poke out my lower lip? -Because that's what I'm doing.) Next Tuesday I'll ask when I can have cheese again...or if once a week is ok. It's getting really old having to turn down gluten free pizza at work.

Thanksgiving is coming up next week already. We are beginning to plan our new and exciting Thanksgiving dinner, gluten and dairy free. I, probably along with most of you, love traditions. Since we can't have the old stand-by with stuffing, my famous cream cheese mashed potatoes, or pumpkin pie, we will be converting some of them into paleo-esque recipes. Others, we will just ditch all together and come up with something new and completely different. I attempted a new recipe last night as a side dish- as a trial to see if it's Thanksgiving worthy. It was awesome!


I just steamed sweet potatoes, granny smith apples, and cranberries...then added butter, of course. No extra sugar or sweeteners added and it was still YUM! The kids say it is a GO for Turkey day.

I saw a woman in Dr. Matthews office who was just getting started on her program. I feel a bit bad that she'll probably be on her strict diet right smack dab in the middle of the holidays. But on the other hand, who knows? Maybe she is already gluten free, and just as determined as I am to win this battle. I hope so, because it will definitely take some discipline. I know how hard it is going to be for me to watch everyone eating all the cookies and treats and pies and candy... OH. And White Chocolate Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks. Mmmmm. I'm a-gonna have to figure out a way to conconct that with some allowed ingredients. 

Lastly, I will say I had an awesome wod (Workout of the Day) on Monday. It was a metcon of back squats, shoulder presses, deadlifts, and rowing. I hadn't gone to workout for 1 1/2 weeks for a couple of reasons, one of which was that I was tired. I was tired on Monday as well...but going really helped! Funny how that works sometimes. You think you can't do something, and then what you think will just put over the edge going the wrong way...actually is what helps you take a step in the right direction. Well...it did in this case for now. I am going to CrossFit today as well...but my legs are so super sore from Monday, it should be interesting. Even walking looks strange, so I imagine box jumps, slam balls, and kettlebell swings will be hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Have Hypothyroidism?