Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unwanted Guests

Tonight was tough. I was <this> close to reaching up to that top shelf to grab down those ginger snaps. Instead I bit into a chunk of butter, made myself some decaf green tea, and sat down to watch a movie with the family. Yup, butter. It satisfies. However...it would be so much nicer if I could put a giant pat of butter on top of a ginger snap. ...Aragh!! Ok. Ok. Calm down, sister. Let me think about Christmas shopping... That'll get my mind off the sweets. *sigh*

I've done pretty darn good this past 1.8 weeks. (So has the rest of Team Montoya- GO TEAM!!). Two more days of the 3x/day Clearvite- then it's weaning off time. I don't think about sweets until night-time, for the most part...and I haven't had a single sweet treat. Kerrygold butter and almond butter have taken 1st and 2nd place, respectively, of the open-the-fridge (or pantry), grab-out-a-treat game that most of us play in the evening. I've had coffee probably 1/2 of the total days, and only one small cup on those days. We made a new soup tonight from a recipe given to me by my doctor. New Mexican Stew. Yummy- and perfect for the weather! I'm going to lookup more paleo-type soups, because they seem to make everyone feel all warm inside- physically and emotionally.

A side benefit from this blatant tourture of no sweets is my decreasing hip/thigh chub. I'm not overweight, but I still held onto this padding around my hips despite the workouts and paleo-esque eating. It's not gone...but I notice a difference. And that makes any girl smile, I think.

The lemon fish juice (aka Ultra-D Complex) is still no fun, but I must say it doesn't taste exactly as it did in the beginning. The glutathione cream has now become a chore at times...partially because it's chilly- and I don't want to take off my socks. *brrrrr* So, I put it on my wrists or behind my knees.

I have found that I do not eat 3 meals a day. I have come to this conclusion because I am supposed to drink my shake and take my GTA 3x/day before meals. Well sometimes my snacks are large enough to be a meal...and I get confused, "Should I take it NOW?" I mean, "What if I'm not hungry LATER? This could be my last shot until dinner." Yeah, I graze, and I'm probably not supposed to.

Dr Matthews just saw Dr. Kharrazian's seminar in Charlotte this past week, and came back with lots of new autoimmune info and updated/new product info. As a result, I got some new products. The 1st is called Glutathione Recycler. It's a capsule I take 3x/day. He showed me a picture of the glutathione cycle in the body, and the conversions that take place, but I can't recap it for you beyond telling you it's going to boost the glutathione cream's usefulness somehow. My brain didn't capture enough to do it justice.


Another new product he added is called Nitric Balance, "An Amino Acid and Herbal Supplement." Remember how he wanted my protein and amino acid levels to be higher? Well... lucky me. It's got ATP (adenosine 5'-triphosphate disodium), Xanthinol Nicotinate, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Alpha GPC, Alpha Ketoglutaric Acid, and Vinpocetine listed as the "Blend." It is a liquid. A peppermint flavored liquid. A very strong peppermint flavored liquid. Like mouthwash that you swallow instead of swish and spit. It coats my esophagus with mint. And not good-like, like my decaf mint green tea. That's a good mint. This one is like...well...like mouthwash. I am very pleased it's just 1 teaspoon once in the morning.



Well...I suppose it's only a matter of time before I divulge something to you. The poo culture has come back. Aside from a little ...ok, alot of initial mortification, I'm slowly becoming ok with the fact that parasites have decided to make their happy little home inside of my GI tract. I'm not sure how or when they moved in. I don't recall swallowing a U-haul packed with furniture and toys for the little guys. Where did they come from? Sheesh. I'm just like you. I could've picked them up anywhere. I'm a pediatric nurse and I eat lots of fresh veggies and fruit- maybe that makes me higher risk, I don't know. What I do know is I am the super sanitary one (ask my family, friends, and co-workers) -so this little news just "figures." I'm honored and all, but they should've called first. Now their days are numbered. ~insert evil laugh here~ The good news is I don't have any bothersome symptoms. That's really good news, actually. See, there is a new natural treatment that will eradicate the unwelcome tenants...but it's a total course of 60 days. What hangs in the balance between this lengthy new natural treatment and going to my PMD for a quick antiparasitic- is all of my good gut flora. See, the culture also tested my healthy gut flora. I've got some...but not a great amount. It's on the low side of normal for almost each specific type except one. I'd like to protect that as much as possible. Taking a script would be like setting a bomb off inside my not-so-healthy gut, killing the good guys and the bad guys. I'd need to take more probiotics and such to rebuild, and it could prolong my journey to health. Yes, it's a quick fix, and it wouldn't be super terrible to start from scratch... In fact, if I had nagging symptoms, I'd be on it. But the truth is, I don't have any symptoms to date. (Praise God!) I don't know what the name of it is yet, but this new product has been used for 2 years in Dr. K's patients with positive results. Not too many of the good guys get blown up. Minor casualties, yes...but we're not talking genocide. At this point, I'd rather be more of a sniper.
Dr. Matthews ordered the treatment, and when I'm finished with the Clearvite, I shall begin the eviction process. So, little buggers- too bad, so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Have Hypothyroidism?