Thursday, November 11, 2010

So...Let's Talk Feelings

One thing I didn't discuss in the last post was how I've been feeling. For the most part, I don't feel much different than before. I'm unsure if that's because my diet was similar to this detox diet (minus the daily sweet treats), or if I'm not supposed to feel different. There is one thing, though. I'm sleepy in the middle/end of the day. Honest to goodness Sleeeeeepy, with a capital S. I work 3p-3a 2 days in a row, then have off 5 in which I homeschool my two 4th graders. I have been doing this for 4 years now. Recently in the past month or two, I have noticed a greater inability to recover and return to a regular schedule during the week. However, in the past week, I am literally falling asleep at the chiropractors office waiting for my appointment, eyes are heavy at the dinner table at 5pm, and kids are saying, "Mommy, are you sleeping?" when we're watching a movie. If per chance, I fall asleep and take a 30 minute catnap, I'll be up the rest of the night, and into the morning... say until around 4AM. I am frustrated with that whole scenario. So I fight to stay awake, and even then sometimes I get a second wind and am up the rest of the night. When I wake up in the morning (usually around 8-9) I'm o-so-tired....whether I fell asleep at a normal hour or not. It's definitely a struggle, because I am aware of how good sleep impacts our health.

And of course, now I'm going to brainstorm reasons why I feel so tired:
1) Well...my TSH is high.- But then I'd still be tired in the middle of the night...and not get that second wind where I feel like "This is what I wished I felt like all day today!"
2) I'm detox-ing. My body is trying to reset. My liver is probably releasing something into my bloodstream. - But really, I'm just making that up. Sounds good though, right?
3) I haven't had sweets. -But I was already eating rather well. Sweets were here, but come on...a ginger snap cookie or 2 from Trader Joes at night, or 3/4 cup of coconut milk ice cream a few nights a week? - Was that really too much? Seriously...do you know where I've come from? I used to eat the equivalent of that amount of sweets with my breakfast!! Can't be the lack of sweets...well, maybe.
4) I have significantly decreased my coffee/caffeine intake. This is potentially my winner right here. However, I can say that my tiredness has not correlated directly with my caffeine intake. For instance, I had coffee today, but my eyes also shut at 3:45 at the chiropractor's office too.

*Yawn*

It's not even 7PM. I am ready for beddy-bye-bye time. But, I'll munch on leftovers, eat a piece of fruit with almond butter, drink some tea, etc...just to stay awake. This is not a good thing. My next appointment is on Tuesday the 16th. I hope to not sleep through it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Have Hypothyroidism?