Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Why Did You Get Sick?"

I have heard it quite a few times. "You are eating so healthy, how did you get sick?" If I had a quarter...
However, I was wondering the same thing myself.

A little over four years ago I started working in the Children's Emergency Dept. You can imagine all the new sicky germs that I was exposed to that 1st year. I did indeed get the flu (self diagnosed, of course) that 1st winter. I even went to the Doctor's office and got a liter of IV fluid. It was ugly. Since then I have been good to go. A couple GI bugs that last a day, a couple of stuffy head icks...but nothing that has knocked me down since that flu...until 2 weeks ago. That head cold was the PITS. I was Wendy the Red-nosed Woman.
So... why now? Why when I'm so much more health conscious?
Then it occurred to me. I have been taking those natural supplements that were killing those parasites in my GI tract. They were supposed to be more sniper-ish and not kill my good flora as much as a general prescription anti parasitic would have...but I was told it would deal it's share of casualties. We know that about 84% of our immunity comes from our intestinal systems...so...Hmmm.
Could that be why my health succumbed to the petridish I work in? Who knows. But it's a thought...And you know how I love to deduce.

Thank goodness those anti parasite capsules are over. I will be sending a sample to the lab via Fed Ex on Monday. (Oh yay, right?!) We shall see who won that war soon.

In the Recyclables! Woot!

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. I take porcine thyroid for almost two years and Have been very satisfied. Now my energy is better. I've noticed other benefits like hair regrowth and faster healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog because I started Dr. K's protocol almost the same time as you. A few weeks after I started the program I came down with bronchitis that lasted 6 weeks! The strange thing is that I had the exact same thing happen last July a few weeks into a chinese medicine program I started. I quit that one because I felt like it made me sick, but I'm beginning to wonder if there's a pattern there. Something about stimulating my adrenal glands or revving up my immune system. Very strange stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy- Remember, Correlation does not equal causation. Don't give up the long term goal (the rest of your life) because of a short term setback (a 6 week illness). While it's rough being sick, it would be increasingly rough with more autoimmunity as our age increases. Keep at it! Don't give up. We can do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a new hair does not begin to grow from the follicle. Excluding the cases of medical or illness induced baldness the answers to where and why this occurs are not well understood. In the majority of cases it appears to be connected to genetics and aging but not with diet, nutrition, nor is it a disease. Our blog

    ReplyDelete

Do You Have Hypothyroidism?