Wednesday, February 23, 2011

TH Dominance Result

At my last visit to Dr. Matthews, I received the results of my TH-1 vs. TH-2 dominant pathway test. He gave me a copy of my results like he always does. This time, however, I am left clueless as to what was actually tested. There are so many numbers, abreviations, and percentages on the page, my eyes cross. The best I can do for me as well as for you all is put in simple terms. The result? I am well balanced. (Shocking, right?!?) He said that 2 of the results looked as if I could actually trend toward the TH-2 side, but I'm not so off kilter that he would supplement me either way. The OxiCell cream (Glutathione) and the Glutathione Recycler are probably to thank for the balance of the two.
What does this mean for me?!? I can still drink coffee. Big plus. If I trended farther on the TH-2 side, I would probably have to give that up.
I may have to spend some time studying all these Interleukin tests done (2, 4, 6, 10, 12, and Gamma), the Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha, T and B Lymph/Natural Killer Short... and what they mean.
Nonetheless, the purpose of the tests was to find out my dominance, and there's not one that is so dominant that it needs support on the other side. 

A few posts back I said I didn't remember why I was on Nitric Balance. Well, at this visit, I was told it was one of the supplements I would likely remain on for the long haul (along with the Glutathione duo). So, I found out what it really does:
It dampens tissue inflammation and destruction.
It's supportive in tissue healing.
Modulates autoimmunity to dampen activation.
Increases blood flow to the brain, hands, feet, and sexual organs. 
Enhances brain endurance for quicker recovery from autoimmune attacks.

Hmmm... I just may want to take extra of this stuff, huh?

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, dear! It's good to know that you have the positive spirit to keep on fighting.You really are amazing! I'm a hypo, too and have been on bovine thyroid ever since.

    ReplyDelete

Do You Have Hypothyroidism?